Looking for funding, strategic partnerships, or cross-border opportunities?
The Entrepreneur Showcase provides capital-seeking cleantech innovators with 10 minutes on stage to pitch top cleantech investors, financiers and corporate buyers. In the past ten years, over 475 cleantech entrepreneurial growth companies have presented at Cleantech Forums, collectively securing financing totaling more than $3.5 billion.
Apply from your i3 Company Profile!
You can apply for the 2013 Entrepreneur Showcase at our Cleantech Forum San Francisco, March 18-20, 2013 or Cleantech Forum Europe, April 16-18, 2013 by submitting your application from your i3 company profile.
|To be considered for the showcase you must:
1) Take ownership of your company’s i3 Profile (or create a new profile if yours doesn’t yet exist). We will be using the company profiles as part of our selection process, so the more complete your profile, the better your chances are of being selected
2) Once granted ownership of your profile (or once you’ve created a new one), fill out and submit your application by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the right of the profile
Go to our i3 Platform and search for your i3 Company Profile to begin your application!
2013 Entrepreneur Showcase Application Deadlines:
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 for Cleantech Forum San Francisco Entrepreneur Showcase
Friday, February 15, 2013 for Cleantech Forum Europe Entrepreneur Showcase
What does presenting entail?
If selected, your company’s CEO will have 10 minutes on stage at the Forum for a 7-minute presentation and 3 minutes of audience Q&A. All audience members will receive a 1-page cover sheet with your company’s basic information, as well as an electronic copy of your Executive Summary.
Prior to the Forum, presenting companies will receive an exclusive prep session, led by a committee of seasoned VCs – past prep sessions have included investors from RockPort Capital, CMEA, Expansion Capital, Acumen Fund, Rho Ventures, Yellow and Blue, and SET Venture Partners. These mandatory and invaluable prep sessions are held in advance of the Forum, to help presenters refine their pitches and make the most of their time on stage.
New in 2013 for San Francisco! This year’s San Francisco Forum features a full-day, exclusive workshop prior to the official opening reception. In addition to the individual prep session, selected entrepreneurs will be invited to intimate workshops featuring the biggest VCs, leading investment banks, and corporations that will help you:
- Perfect your elevator pitch strategy
- Understand the opportunities for partnership in the world of cleantech M&A, IPOs, and fundraising
- Build your networking and public communication skills
New in 2013 for Europe! This year’s European Forum also features a half-day, exclusive masterclass prior to the official opening reception on Monday April 16th. The masterclass, co-hosted by Autodesk, Cleantech Group and Georgieff Capital, will facilitate knowledge-sharing among entrepreneurs on key issues related to growing a successful international company and will provide some expert opinion and advice on subjects such as:
- The fundraising environment in Europe and Israel region, based on a study conducted by Cleantech Group and Georgieff Capital.
- Working with corporates. A guide to the many different open innovation programmes out there.
- Entering the China market.
To apply for the Entrepreneur Showcase, you’ll need to complete your company’s i3 Profile. By updating your profile with the most accurate and up-to-date information, you’ll not only be helping inform our Entrepreneur Showcase selection team, but will create a consolidated source of information about your company for the VCs, corporate venture groups, economic development agencies, and investment bankers that use our i3 database every day to scout promising new technologies and partners.
Who can apply?
Any company in the cleantech space that is seeking financial investment, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, or partners to help expand in the global market is welcome to apply. Having raised previous funding is not a requirement, but is recommended.
Is there a cost to present?
Although there is no cost to submit an application, accepted companies must pay $2150 to present in San Francisco or $1695 to present in Europe. This cost includes:
- The presenter’s admission to the entire 3-day Forum, for ample opportunity to network and meet with potential investors, partners, and customers (valued at $2495).
- A prep session prior to the Forum, with leading VC investors and cleantech stakeholders. Get valuable feedback on your pitch in a small, personalized setting. New in 2013 San Francisco: Participants will have the additional opportunity to attend an exclusive day-long series of workshops to hone their presentation and networking skills, learn about cleantech finance, and hear directly from investors and corporations about the technologies they’re pursuing today. New in 2013 Europe: This year’s European Forum also features a half-day, exclusive masterclass prior to the official opening reception on Monday April 16th. The masterclass, co-hosted by Autodesk, Cleantech Group and Georgieff Capital, will facilitate knowledge-sharing among entrepreneurs on key issues related to growing a successful international company and will provide some expert opinion and advice.
- For San Francisco: An 8′ x 8′ exhibit space in the Innovation Pavilion (learn more) -OR- an additional Forum pass for a colleague (valued at $2495). Presenters may choose to get both of the above items for an additional $1200 (valued at $2495).
- For Europe: The option to purchase an 8′ x 8′ exhibit space in the Innovation Pavilion (learn more) and/or an additional Forum pass for a colleague for $1195 each (valued at $3100 for the exhibit space, $1495 for the additional Forum pass). Please note: exhibit spaces in this venue are very limited and are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Where can I learn more about the forums?
See our official Forum websites for agendas, speakers, and more:
Cleantech Forum San Francisco – March 18-20, 2013
Cleantech Forum Europe in Bilbao, Spain – April 16-18, 2013
Begin your entrepreneur showcase application by clicking the button below to search and take ownership of your i3 Company Profile (or you’ll be able to create a new one) then remember to click “Apply Now” right on your i3 company profile page to fill out and submit your application:
Remember, to be considered for the showcase you must take ownership your i3 company profile and submit your application from your company profile page.
Cleantech Group is committed to facilitating partnerships and funding for high-impact clean technology companies. Whether your company is looking for a small or large capital infusion, strategic partners or market visibility, we provide unparalleled access to top venture capitalists and corporate buyers of clean technologies. Learn more.
We are pleased to announce that our corporate partner Autodesk®, sponsor of the Entrepreneur Showcase sessions, is offering to select cleantech entrepreneurs fully licensed software that enables Digital Prototyping to help you visualize, design, and simulate your solution and speed your ideas to market. To learn more about the Autodesk Clean Tech Partner Program and apply for software licenses, valued* at up to $150,000, for only $50, please visit www.autodesk.com/cleantech.
* Value is based on up to five commercial licenses of each application.