Cleantech Group is looking for an experienced Business Development executive with an interest in sustainable innovation to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will engage with global corporations, government organizations, investors and the innovation ecosystem who are interested to engage with sustainable innovation as a business and growth opportunity.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities across Cleantech Group’s research subscription, consulting and events business, but your personal sales plan will have a particular focus on content-led, on-strategy opportunities, within research subscriptions, consulting projects and event sponsorships. Your geographical mandate, to start with, will be Europe and Asia-based prospects. Over time, Asia may pass to an Asia-based colleague.
Cleantech Group’s services catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation. Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, de-carbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future.
The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with people based in London, Paris and Boston.
- Develop a deep understanding of a client’s business, industry and how engaging with sustainable innovation can support their business and environmental ambitions – including any net zero commitments they may have made
- Manage all aspects of our new sales and relationship development process from identification, discovery, nurture, opportunity origination, proposal writing, negotiation, closing and relationship expansion.
- Engage in consultative and content-based discussions enabled by Cleantech Group’s industry knowledge, market trends, and unique insights about sustainable innovation. Collaborate with our team of subject matter experts to support your business development.
- Build positive and trusting client relationships in the sustainable innovation space.
- Develop short-term and long-term strategies to continually build a strong business pipeline
- Be a significant contributor to Cleantech Group’s new business targets, accurately and effectively managing leads in order to prioritise business opportunities and internal resources
- Collaborate with our tight-knit team of research analysts, consultants, marketing and product development to improve and develop ways of working that better serve our clients.
- Providing market-based feedback from prospects and clients as input to Cleantech Group’s research, service offerings and strategy.
- 5+ years of content-focused business development experience and proven track record focused on sales of content, market research and consulting.
- Strong ability to listen deeply to clients and prospects to build trusting relationships. You will be able to help clients reach new possible business opportunities and share tailored market insights based on their needs.
- Proven track record in surpassing annual revenue targets on new business and account development. Experience in developing long term, recurring revenue clients (research subscriptions and project-based) that are typically 5 and 6 figure contracts.
- Extensive experience selling into a range of clients. Large industrial corporate clients are our primary focus; we also have extensive relationships with governments, investors and professional service firms. You will be adept at proposing high-value solutions into corporate clients from a range of different industries such as energy, agriculture, materials, transport and natural resources.
- A demonstrable passion for topics such as sustainability, climate change, innovation and investment. You will have an interest in new technologies that can contribute to a more sustainable world.
Fluent Business English is a requirement. The compensation package (base salary plus performance related pay, based on sales) will be commensurate with experience. Cleantech Group employees are entitled to a standard set of benefits, including private healthcare and pension benefits.
Long before the pandemic, we operated in quite a distributed manner. There is a concentration of European team members in London, and there are benefits to more team members being in that location. But most important will be the person, their ability and motivation to help us grow, and their fit with our team and culture. Wherever they may be (in Europe), they will need to build relationships and make sales all over Europe and Asia too (for the time being).
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Apply Now Send your C.V. and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to fill this job by May or June 2022.