San Francisco, Boston or Remote in North America
We’re looking for an experienced business development executive with an interest in sustainable innovation to join the team. The successful candidate will engage with global corporations, government organizations, investors and the innovation ecosystem focused on sustainable innovation as a business and growth opportunity.
You’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities across Cleantech Group’s research subscription, consulting and events business. But your personal sales plan will have a particular focus on content-led, on-strategy opportunities, especially within research and consulting.
- Develop a deep understanding of a client’s business, industry and how engaging with sustainable innovation can support their business and environmental ambitions.
- Manage all aspects of our new sales and relationship development process from identification, discovery, nurture, opportunity origination, proposal writing, negotiation, closing and relationship expansion.
- Engage in consultative and content-based discussions enabled by Cleantech Group’s industry knowledge, market trends, and the unique insights about sustainable innovation. Collaborate with our team of subject matter experts to support your business development.
- Build positive and high-trust client relationships in the sustainable innovation space.
- Develop short-term and long-term retention and growth strategies for clients and deliver on those strategies to continually build a strong business pipeline.
- Be a significant contributor to Cleantech Group’s new business targets, accurately and effectively managing leads in order to prioritise business opportunities and internal resources.
- Collaborate with our tight-knit team of research analysts, consultants, marketing and product development to improve and develop ways of working that better serve our clients.
- Provide market-based feedback from prospects and clients as input to Cleantech Group’s future research agenda, plus its service offerings and strategy.
- Over five years of content-focused business development experience, with a proven track record based on sales of content, market research and consulting.
- Strong ability to listen deeply to clients and prospects to build high-trust relationships.
- You will be able to help clients reach new possible business opportunities and share tailored market insights based on their needs.
- Proven track record in surpassing annual revenue targets on new business and account development. Experience in developing long term, recurring revenue clients (research subscriptions and project-based) that are typically five and six figure contracts.
- Extensive experience selling into a range of clients. Large industrial corporate clients are our primary focus; we also have extensive relationships with governments, investors and professional service firms. You will be adept at proposing high-value solutions to corporate clients from a range of different industries such as energy, agriculture, materials, transport and natural resources.
- Not only will you have a demonstrable passion for topics such as sustainability, climate change, innovation and investment, you will be comfortable talking and discussing trends and topics with our (prospective) clients.
- Fluent Business English is a requirement. Spanish speaking would be a bonus to engage with Latin American markets in the same time zones.
The compensation package (base salary plus performance related pay, based on sales) will be commensurate with experience. Our employees are entitled to a standard set of benefits, including health and dental insurance and 401(k).
Long before the pandemic, we operated in quite a distributed manner. There is a concentration of team members around San Francisco and Boston, and so there are benefits to more team members being in these locations. But most important will be the person, their ability and motivation to help us grow, and their fit with our team and culture. Wherever they may be (in North America), they will need to build relationships and make sales all over the Americas.
How/When to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until we have found the right fit. Our ambition is to do so no later than 31 May 2021.
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.