Are you a charismatic thought leader looking to make a significant impact on the EU’s climate journey?
Cleantech Group, the global authority on sustainable innovation, is expanding its team to support its flagship Cleantech for Europe initiative. This is your chance to fight for a greener, more innovative EU. Cleantech for Europe is an initiative uniting 20 EU cleantech investors, and supported by Bill Gates-founded Breakthrough Energy to help the EU lead the race to net zero. Find out more about Cleantech for Europe.
Since launching in early 2021, the initiative has positioned itself as the main voice of cleantech innovation in the EU, publishing research on cleantech investment and identifying a path to EU climate and industrial leadership. We organise regular summits where cleantech and policy leaders discuss how policy can support climate leadership, and work to build bridges between innovation and policy on a number of topics.
As we scale the organisation, we are looking for a deputy director to lead our research, thought leadership and communications. You will be joining a fast-paced, agile team with a relentless focus on innovative policy to accelerate climate impact.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to co-lead an expanding team and execute an ambitious growth strategy.
- Develop thought leadership positions on EU cleantech innovation, policy and the race to net zero, with input from the innovation community.
- Build excitement for EU climate and industrial leadership, share insights and positions in media, speaking engagements and frequent interaction the wider innovation and policy ecosystem.
- Manage a team of analysts, working towards an agenda of policy and innovation research that is high-impact and communications-ready.
- Develop and execute a communications strategy leveraging all research output to impact the EU narrative on climate and innovation.
- Shape and chair coalitions of movers in the innovation and policy space.
- Empower the team to maximise performance; help individual team members to grow in their roles and build their networks.
- Input to strategy and coordination of further growth plans.
Requirements (you don’t need all of these to apply)
- Charismatic and engaging communicator, willing to make their arguments in public and engage in climate and policy debates
- Able to absorb and analyse complex information
- Bachelor’s degree in environment, law, economics, policy or a related field
- Extensive experience at the crossroads of business and climate: as a journalist, a business leader or cleantech innovator / investor
- Existing network in global climate research and media
- Demonstrated experience in thought leadership and high-impact communications
- Strong interest in climate/energy innovation and clean technology and willingness to keep up with latest research and industry developments
- Results-driven approach and problem-solving mentality
- Ready to take on challenges and learn new skills
- Desire to develop by giving and receiving feedback to/from other team members
- Fluent English required, additional European languages a plus
Why work at Cleantech Group
- Build a climate-positive career by fighting for the acceleration and adoption of clean technologies and green investment!
- Join a friendly, talented and global team present in Europe and North America.
- Access an unparalleled network of cleantech investors, innovators and policymakers.
- Take part in actively encouraged learning and development.
- Benefit from Occasional international travel for client work and events around the world (North America, Europe and Asia).
- Enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
At Cleantech Group, we provide research, consulting and events to catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future, and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation. Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, decarbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future.
The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with a growing presence in the USA, UK and Europe.
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
About the Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org