We’re expanding our activities in climate, energy and innovation policy advocacy. This is your chance to promote a greener and more innovative Europe. We recently launched Cleantech for Europe, an initiative in partnership with Breakthrough Energy to help the EU lead the race to net zero. We aim to turn this initiative into the EU’s platform for cleantech innovation and are looking for a policy analyst to join the team as soon as possible. The analyst will help deliver policy-oriented projects and contribute to our research agenda.
While helping the EU meet its ambitious climate goals, you’ll build a strong network of cleantech investors and innovators, and representing their policy needs to top policy-makers in the European Commission, the European Parliament and beyond.
- Monitor and analyze climate and energy policy from the EU (and, in some cases, from other regions as benchmarks).
- Inform how existing or proposed policies affect innovative cleantech companies and markets for low-carbon products and services.
- Interact with top cleantech investors and innovators to formulate policy positions and advocate for them.
- Present findings to top policy-makers, including at the European Commission and European Parliament.
- Put together policy recommendations to help scale clean technologies and investment, co-create policy manifestos and op-eds.
- Develop opinions and insights on a range of clean technology topics.
- Develop an understanding about the link between policy and emerging companies, market activity and innovation trends across our five coverage sectors: agriculture & food, energy & power, materials & chemicals, resources & environment and transportation & logistics.
- Collaborate to develop content for our marketing channels.
- Develop your industry network, recruit speakers and moderate panels at Cleantech Group events.
- Master’s degree in public affairs, political sciences, economics or humanities.
- Proven experience analyzing policy, preferably with a climate/energy angle
- Experience at the European Parliament or Commission is a plus
- Strong understanding of the EU policymaking process.
- Strong interest in climate/energy innovation and clean technology.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with corresponding software proficiency.
- Ability to produce research effectively, and work to deadlines.
- Desire to develop by sharing feedback with team members.
- Fluent English is required, additional languages are a plus.
- Build a climate-positive career by accelerating the adoption of clean technologies and green investment
- Join a friendly, talented and global team present in Europe and North America
- Access an unparalleled network of cleantech investors and innovators
- Learning and development actively encouraged
- Occasional international travel for client work and events around the world (North America, Europe and Asia)
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience
At Cleantech Group, we provide research, consulting and events to catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future, and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation. Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, decarbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future.
The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in the UK, France and Italy.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.