Location: San Francisco Bay Area
EVENTS INTERN ROLE
The events intern will be working closely with our events team to primarily support the organization of our flagship event, Cleantech Forum San Francisco, held on 27-29 January, 2020. You will be supporting the planning process and execution of the event during the final months leading up to the event.
- Support registration logistics and update registration database (Cvent) as needed
- Update and maintain event records in CRM system (Salesforce)
- Handle inquiries from Forum attendees and potential attendees
- Assist with marketing and events outreach efforts
- Act as point of contact with speakers, partners, press and/or attendees regarding logistics requirements and deadlines
- Manage and collect collateral (e.g. bios, photos, presentations) for the event app, website and program guide
- Help prepare on-site event materials such as badges, signage and awards
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers
- (On-site) Support events team at registration and on any ad-hoc tasks during the Forum
- Experience in organizing and attending events (desirable, but not obligatory)
- Excellent communication skills – written and in-person
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities at any given time
- Ability to handle the pressure of regular, tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to, and work within, a constantly changing environment – be a ‘troubleshooter’
- Ability to work within a team but also manage task independently and take initiative
Start Date: Flexible, but looking to cover September 2019 – January 2020 (through the 2020 Cleantech Forum San Francisco)
Duration: 3-6 months; potential for full-time or part-time internship
Compensation: Stipend for lunch and travel expenses up to $20/day
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
ABOUT CLEANTECH GROUP
At Cleantech Group, we provide research, consulting and events to catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future, and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation.
Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, decarbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future.
The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with a growing international presence based in London. Our parent company, Enovation Partners, is based in Chicago.