Location: Remote, North America (preferred) or Europe
Are you a highly-skilled developer ready to work in climate innovation?
Cleantech Group, a research, consulting and events company dedicated to sustainable innovation, is building i3connect.com, a database application that helps governments, investors and corporates learn about clean technologies and find the best sustainable innovators worldwide. Our growth means we’re looking for a talented developer to take this application to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of the application’s infrastructure (Ruby-on Rails, MongoDB, search, push notifications, etc.).
- Develop and deliver new product features with an emphasis on user-facing data visualization features (dashboards, graphs and charts), automation (contributed content, data acquisition, website scraping).
- Research, evaluate and implement architectural approaches that may improve performance and elegance of our application.
- Work in an international, collaborative and agile development environment with team-members and clients.
- Interface with senior management, customers and partners involved in our product strategy and vision.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven general web development background and considerable Ruby on Rails experience
- Exceptional technical skills in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, MySQL, HTML, CSS and jQuery. Basic understanding of Angular JS. Bonus points for d3.js, Python and React.
- Experience working in an agile web development environment with fast iteration, testing and deployment.
- Well-versed in current technological trends.
- Strong programming discipline and debugging skills.
Who You Are
- Motivated, organized and hard-working.
- Keen on building great products that delight users.
- Interested in solving difficult technical problems.
- Focused on collaboration and sharing your experience with a growing team.
- An excellent communicator.
- Independent and happy to work remotely.
- Able to prioritize your workload as needed to meet deadlines.
Who We Are
At Cleantech Group, we provide research, consulting and events to catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation.
Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, de-carbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future.
The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with people based in London, Paris and Boston
HOW TO APPLY
Send your C.V. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and ensures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.