San Francisco, Boston or Remote in North America
We’re looking for Junior Events and Program Manager passionate about sustainable innovation and organizing impactful, enjoyable and smoothly-run events.
This could suit someone at entry level or with a few years of experience.
If selected, you’ll work with our team to deliver Cleantech Group’s annual calendar of online and in-person events in the US and beyond for global corporations, government organizations, investors and the cleantech ecosystem engaged with sustainable innovation as a business and growth opportunity.
- To ensure that the production of international events, large and small, run smoothly and are professional in their execution from both an internal and external point of view, and in line with company goals, capabilities and budgets.
- Supporting the running of any event from inception to de-brief including but not limited to;
- registration management
- event website development and maintenance
- management of virtual event platform
- support on-site production
- orchestrating speaker acquisition/management
- support coordination with relevant stakeholders
- support event lead in venue selection
- vendor management.
- Organized, detail-orientated with a passion to provide great experiences for clients.
- Demonstrable interest in innovation and clean technology/sustainability.
- Desire to develop by giving and receiving feedback to other team members.
- An excellent collaborator, easy for the team to work with, as well as being self sufficient and a self starter who takes the initiative.
- High proficiency with standard/typical work packages like MS Office 365, Google Workspace, etc.
- Some travel will be required.
- Fluent English required.
- Experience in supporting the running of in-person events would be highly preferable, though we are willing to develop and grow the right individual.
- Experience in supporting the running of Virtual / Hybrid events preferable.
- Knowledge of systems like Cvent, Salesforce, WordPress, Canva, TEAMS, Zoom, would be highly preferable.
- Being savvy and comfortable with a wide range of digital skills and systems would be highly beneficial e.g. social media, video editing etc.
- Languages other than English are always a bonus in our very international business.
WHY WORK AT CLEANTECH GROUP?
- Friendly, talented, collaborative and entrepreneurial team
- Providing cutting-edge insights on innovations that can make a positive difference to sustainable economic growth
- Learning and development actively encouraged.
The compensation package will be commensurate with experience. Cleantech Group employees are entitled to a standard set of benefits, including health and dental insurance and 401(k).
Long before the pandemic, we operated in quite a distributed manner. There is a concentration of US team members around San Francisco and Boston, and so there are benefits to more team members being in and around these locations.
But most important will be the person, their ability and motivation to help us grow, and their fit with our team and culture. Wherever they may be (in North America), they will need to engage with people and hold events in multiple locations in North America, with San Francisco likely to remain the most common.
HOW/WHEN TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: This position will remain open until we have found the right fit. Our ambition is to do so no later than 31 May 2021.
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.