Are you an experienced analyst who understands how innovative technologies enable solutions in the energy and power landscape? Are you as dedicated to a net-zero future as we are? As a Lead Analyst in our research team, you’ll be our go-to expert for questions on innovative companies, business models, trends and opportunities. We’re looking for someone who’s comfortable engaging in conversations about these topics across the ecosystem and sharing expert insights. You’ll join a global team on a mission to bring clients actionable insights and strategies to leverage innovation for sustainable growth.
What you’ll do:
- Lead research the energy and power sector. This research will involve engaging innovators, incumbents, investors and diverse group of participants across the ecosystem to understand from the bottom up the roll of innovation in the context of a complex market evolving to become more sustainable.
- Regularly publish qualitative analysis drivers, challenges, opportunities and developments relevant to participants across the global ecosystem. Topics may range across business activities such as: green hydrogen production, fusion, wind O&M, grid flexibility, asset management, resilience, buildings, NILM, consumer engagement.
- As the subject matter expert, support the consulting team to develop innovation strategies for utilities, energy majors, industrials, and governments to engage external innovation.
- Collaborate with business development to help drive the new research and consulting business pipeline.
- Develop a name for yourself in the industry, building and cultivating a network of innovators, investors, corporates, and other key industry stakeholders. This will include active development, moderating/speaking at internal and external industry events internationally.
- Work with product development teams to help maintain and improve our cleantech activity database.
- Work collaboratively with other sector specialists and help manage junior analysts.
You’ll build on an existing base of energy-specific experience:
- A dedication to emerging and disruptive technologies within the energy and power industry as well as innovative business models.
- An ability to engage a wide variety of people and organizations in conversations about innovation, energy and changing dynamics.
- An understanding of the sectors’ energy market structure/design, regional/national policy/regulation, and traditional supply markets.
- Proven experience applying your analytical skills to subscription-based research services.
- Ability to deduce important trends, drivers, or challenges from secondary or primary research.
- Ability to synthesize data and insights into clear and concise written messages.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple workstreams while providing consistent quality work.
- Ability to work autonomously while sticking to rigorous deadlines.
- An international/global view, ideally having travelled and beyond fluency in English, also have a second language.
- Most importantly, be a fun, kind, and trustworthy team-member to work alongside.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, performance bonus, healthcare and benefits.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity in its workforce. Cleantech Group is an equal opportunity employer and ensures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.