Type of role: Contractor (6 months, potential to convert to full time role)
Start date: 1 October 2022
Championing Sustainable Innovation, Catalyzing Business Opportunities
At Cleantech Group, we provide research, consulting, and events to catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation. Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, de-carbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments, and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future.
The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with people based in the US, UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, and Czech Republic. We are a small and global distributed team looking forward to expanding.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We’re looking for a manager to join our consulting team, to support the UK expansion of our Cleantech for Europe initiative, supported by Bill Gates-founded Breakthrough Energy, with the mission of scaling cleantech innovation for climate impact and industrial leadership.
As UK Director, you will lead the UK initiative, setting a new narrative of cleantech-enabled economic regeneration and advocating for the policy needed to support the vision.
- Analyze the UK cleantech innovation ecosystem and related policy environment to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities to develop the ecosystem for step change increases in climate impact
- Identify opportunities and potential impact for government support of UK cleantech scale ups
- Develop a vision and narrative for UK cleantech’s contribution to the future UK and a green economic regeneration
- Raise the public profile of the initiative, sharing insights and positions through media contacts and speaking engagements
- Engage policy makers, cleantech investors and innovators to strengthen connections and understanding of the opportunities for policy to facilitate cleantech scaleup for accelerated climate impact
- Organize workshops and events focussed on clean technology and UK policy
- Develop opinions and insights on a range of clean technology topics
- Build partnerships with organizations working towards similar goals
- Coordinate with counterparts in EU Member States, to share learnings and identify synergies
- Develop your industry network, recruit speakers and moderate panels at Cleantech for Europe Summits and Cleantech Group events
- Bachelor’s degree in environment, law, economics, policy or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in a government or multilateral agency, cleantech investment or relevant business role
- Strong interest in innovation in clean technology, willingness to keep up with latest research and industry developments
- Existing network in policy, global climate research and media
- Able to analyze complex information and shape into meaningful research deliverables, working towards deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in thought leadership and high-impact communications
- Desire to develop by giving and receiving feedback to other team members
- Ready to take on challenges and learn new skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a range of diverse people and job functions
- Excellent written, Excel and PowerPoint skills
At Cleantech Group we recruit for potential and are invested in everyone’s development, so we will make sure you’re set up for success!
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, we would like to get in touch! Please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure the promotion of equal opportunity for all people employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, colour, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Please let us know if you need any adjustment during your application or recruitment process and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.