After celebrating a highly memorable 10th anniversary of Cleantech Forum Europe in Stockholm in 2014, we are delighted to return to Sweden’s capital and major European startup hub for our 15th edition – mark your calendars for May 21-23, 2019!
This annual gathering of the European innovation community offers a wide-ranging, three-day program along with exclusive opportunities to network, learn, and get deals done. Since 2002, Cleantech Group has brought together clean technology’s most influential leaders – corporate executives, startup and growth company CEOs, investors, government agencies, and other players – from across all areas of resource innovation, from the major industrial verticals, and from across the globe.
What to Expect
Our Cleantech Forums give you a glimpse of the future, get you out of your everyday silos, provide a different perspective, and help you find innovations of relevance to you that are in adjacent or altogether different industrial and technology areas. We convene the game-changers from multiple sectors all in one place for three days, from 25+ countries, and from over 100 cities worldwide. Our 17-year history of Cleantech Forums speaks to the importance of our events in getting deals done (or started), and the feedback we receive from attendees each year highlights the unique opportunities found at our Forums.
Haven’t experienced a Cleantech Forum? Learn more about it here.
You can expect to meet high-level corporate and investor representatives, entrepreneurs and disruptive startups, and other innovation leaders from 25+ countries, 5 continents, and from across many different sectors and industries.
Attendee numbers are consistently in the 375-425 range. Each is motivated to see today’s ‘state of the art’ in sustainable innovation and to gain insights on tomorrow.
Entrepreneurs: The startups and innovators on the front lines of sustainable innovation.
Corporates: Representatives from today’s leading corporate open innovation and venturing programs – those funding, incubating and partnering with innovation for strategic as well as financial return.
Financial Investors: Representatives from leading financial firms – venture and growth capital firms, along with some angels and family offices looking to make a sustainable impact and financial return.
Innovation Leaders: The ecosystem is completed with the presence of public sector officials and programs specialized in helping cleantech and resource innovation, and by lawyers and bankers, thinkers and innovation visionaries.
Check out a sampling of who typically attends our Forum here.
Each year, we receive attendee feedback that Cleantech Forum Europe provides a high level of networking opportunities, bringing together the most relevant influencers of the cleantech community and providing our attendees with connections beyond the Forum.
“Cleantech Forum Europe is a conference where you exchange in an interactive way on the latest topics with all different kinds of stakeholders relevant to our ecological and environmental future. It is a unique opportunity you can only get there.”
– Sandra Trittin, Co-Founder and Head of Business Development & Marketing, tiko Energy Solutions
“Cleantech Forum Europe was what you expected it to be. I had a good impression. Well organized, perfect venue and interesting atmosphere/audience.”
-Art De Boo, CEO, Dutch DNA
“I was able to meet with several very interesting people, with good prospects of future business!”
-Antoine Hubert, CEO, Ynsect
For more than 15 years, Cleantech Group (CTG) has been charting the future of industries, with a focus on how sustainable innovation companies will shape such futures.
Cleantech Forums, run by CTG since 2002 in San Francisco and since 2005 in Europe, have showcased both the trends to watch out for and the innovation and the entrepreneurs that illustrate these, and have connected countless international partnerships and cross-border investment deals along the way.
Innovation on show at these Forums is all-pervasive, and looks well beyond enabling technology: business models, who works with who, the latest on the finance and investment scene, as well as the brightest rising startups and growth-stage entrepreneurial companies.
What to expect from the 2019 Forum’s program?
Attendees should expect our Forum to provide what it always does, regardless of each year’s location. Join us for:
- An annual check-in on the future of transitioning our 21st century global industrialized B2B activities as they become more decarbonized, decentralized, and resource-efficient.
- The latest on the finance and investment scene – the trends, the new players, the new models and latest thinking.
- Showcasing of some of the brightest rising startup and growth-stage entrepreneurial companies, both locally and from across Europe and beyond.
- Regional highlights and innovation from Sweden and the Scandinavian region.
As we work toward an agenda for the Forum, please nominate speakers you will believe will be relevant to our audience. Deadline: March 31, 2019
HERE’S OUR GUIDE FOR PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO STOCKHOLM:
Forum Venue – the Forum will be held at Münchenbryggeriet (The Brewery Conference Centre Stockholm)
15th Annual Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony – the Dinner will be held at Winterviken (max 250 seats available)
Hotel Accommodations – guidance on our special rate hotel at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen
How to Get to Stockholm / the Venue – coming soon
The 2019 Cleantech Forum Europe will be held at Munchenbryggeriet – the same wonderful venue as we used in 2014! The Brewery Conference Centre Stockholm is located in the heart of Stockholm, with a breathtaking view of the city overlooking the city hall and the old town. A historical building completely refurbished with spaces that are bright, spacious and modern.
15th Annual Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony
The 15th Annual Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony on Wednesday May 22nd will take place at Winterviken. Only 15 minutes away from Stockholm city lies this old factory of Nobel from 1891. Winterviken’s halls are rough and beautiful. The ceiling is adorned by wooden beams, brick inner and outer walls and wooden floors.
HILTON STOCKHOLM SLUSSEN
We have a hotel block discounted rate with the Hilton Hotel Slussen, which is less than a 15-minute walk from the main Forum venue.
Hotel room options include:
- Single rooms at SEK 2390 (estimated € 232 ; estimated $264)
- Double rooms at SEK 2590 (estimated € 252 ; estimated $286)
Available booking dates are the nights of May 20 -May 23, 2019 (please note that there are a limited number of rooms available for the nights of May 20 and May 23). All bookings include VAT, in-room wifi, and breakfast.
The deadline to book rooms is April 19, 2019.
As we work toward an agenda for the Forum, please nominate speakers you will believe will be relevant to our audience. Deadline: March 31, 2019
Our Forum speakers represent a wide variety of perspectives to inform, entertain and bring something different to our audience. We aim to select those who can help filter the noise and concentrate on the topics that matter most. See some of the 100+ speakers from last year’s 2018 Cleantech Forum Europe below and in the 2018 agenda.
We are proud to be working with such great sponsoring partners as you see below. If you are interested to join them, please contact email@example.com.
The Swedish Energy Agency is a government agency for national energy policy issues. The Agency works for the use of renewable energy, improved technologies, a smarter end-use of energy, and mitigation of climate change...Read more
The Swedish Energy Agency is a government agency for national energy policy issues. The Agency works for the use of renewable energy, improved technologies, a smarter end-use of energy, and mitigation of climate change. Its mission is to promote the development of Sweden’s energy system so that it will become ecologically and economically sustainable. The Swedish Energy Agency supports start-up companies with financing, technical expertise, market knowledge and active business development, and thus has a portfolio of well-analyzed companies in different phases.
BP Ventures identifies and invests in private, high growth, game-changing technology companies, accelerating cutting edge innovations across the entire energy spectrum.Read more
BP Ventures identifies and invests in private, high growth, game-changing technology companies, accelerating cutting edge innovations across the entire energy spectrum. Since 2006, BP Ventures has invested over $400 million in corporate venturing and has 42 active investments in its current portfolio.
BP Ventures’ portfolio is primarily focused on emerging technologies in oil and gas exploration and production and downstream conversion processes. In addition, it has a renewed strategic focus on five key areas: bio & low carbon products, carbon management, power & storage, advanced mobility and digital transformation.
Almi Invest Greentech is a venture capital fund aimed at small and medium-sized companies offering products and services that reduce climate emissions. The fund focuses on companies in the start-up phase and is a venture of SEK 650 million.Read more
Almi Invest Greentech is a venture capital fund aimed at small and medium-sized companies offering products and services that reduce climate emissions. The fund focuses on companies in the start-up phase and is a venture of SEK 650 million. Investments will be carried out in approximately 50 companies through the year 2023. More information is published on both the Swedish Agency for Growth and Almi Invest’s websites.
InnoEnergy is the innovation engine for sustainable energy across Europe supported by the EIT.Read more
- Education to help create an informed and ambitious workforce that understands the demands of sustainability and the needs of industry.
- Innovation Projects to bring together ideas, inventors and industry to create commercially attractive technologies that deliver real results to customers.
- Business Creation Services to support entrepreneurs and start-ups who are expanding Europe’s energy ecosystem with their innovative offerings.
Science and innovation are at the heart of government strategy for promoting prosperity and growth.Read more
Science and innovation are at the heart of government strategy for promoting prosperity and growth. Research and knowledge is increasingly developed and transferred through international collaboration which provides opportunities to work with the best in the world, exchange students and researchers, and gain access to large scale international facilities; leading to mutual benefits for the UK and Sweden.
ENGIE New Ventures was founded in May 2014, when 115M€ of Corporate Venture Capital was set aside for investment as minority stakes in startups, to complement existing resources coming from the technology and research centres and from internal innovation.Read more
ENGIE New Ventures was founded in May 2014, when 115M€ of Corporate Venture Capital was set aside for investment as minority stakes in startups, to complement existing resources coming from the technology and research centres and from internal innovation.
Since then, a total of 65M€ has been invested in 16 projects worldwide, especially Europe, North America and the Middle East, and in fields as diverse as organic photovoltaics, natural gas chromatography and hydrogen mobility. Names include Powerdale, Sigfox, Kiwi Power, Apix Analytics, StreetLight Data, Kwh Analytics, Heliatek, Serviz, Ecova, Greentown Labs, Living Map, EV-Box.
|Best Rate: |
Dec 17 - Jan 31
Feb 1- 28
|March Rate: |
Mar 1 - Mar 31
|Easter Rate: |
Apr 1 - Apr 30
|Full Rate: |
May 1 - May 20
May 21 - May 23
|*All registration fees are subject to an additional 25% VAT*|
The Forum Registration Fee Includes:
- Access to all keynotes, general sessions, and (non-invite-only) breakout sessions and workshops
- Access to all general (non-invite-only) breakfasts, lunches, networking breaks, and receptions
- Access to the networking area and exhibitor space
100% Satisfaction Guarantee to Cleantech Forum “First-Timers”
Cleantech Group has run Forums since 2002 with many annual returnees. As a statement of confidence – and as a commitment to newcomers’ satisfaction, who are least familiar with the event – we will gladly refund your registration fee if you are dissatisfied with the value you received from participating in your first Forum.
Discounts are available to the following individuals. Please note that only one discount type/code can be applied against the standard rates published above. Cleantech Group reserves the right to reject any registrations where a double-discount is deemed to have been applied.
- CTG Subscribers: The CTG subscriber rate – $300 off the registration fee – is available to paying subscribers of CTG. You must register with the email address you use to log into i3. If you have any issues with your subscriber discount, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can find more information about our services and subscription offerings here.
- i3 Startup Users: If you have an active startup profile on i3, you will have access to an exclusive startup rate. TO RECEIVE THIS RATE, YOU MUST LOG INTO i3 AND REGISTER VIA THE FORUM OPPORTUNITY.
- If you do not have an active i3 startup profile, go to i3connect.com and select “For Start-ups” to create one.
- Government/Non-Profit Representatives: We offer a tiered discount rate for government employees and non-profit representatives. For more information, or to receive this rate, please email us at email@example.com with the name of your organization and verification of your government or non-profit status.
- Groups of 3+: If your organization or company would like to bring 3 or more attendees, we offer special group rates. For groups of 3, we offer a 15% discount; for groups of 4, we offer a 20% discount; and for groups of 5+, we offer a 25% discount. Please contact us for more information.
- Students: We do not offer a student rate to the Forum. Instead, we encourage students to apply to be a Forum volunteer to get access to unique networking and learning opportunities.
Media registration is by invitation only. For a media pass, please contact us.
Are you in business school or a graduate program? Apply to volunteer at Cleantech Forum Europe, and get access to unique networking and learning opportunities.
Please note that this opportunity is open to those still in school, with occasional exceptions made for recent graduates.
Terms & Conditions
For the full list of terms and conditions, please click here.
- Invoice Policy:
- If an invoice is requested, an additional $300 will be added to the registration fee. Payment will be required by no later than the Event Date. If payment is not received before then, Cleantech Group reserves the right to cancel the registration without notice. Payment may be made by check, credit card or bank transfer.
- A request to transfer a registration to a colleague should be made by giving written notice via email. Cleantech Group reserves the right to deny a request for such a substitution, but will not unreasonably do so.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Up to 12 weeks before the event date, a 20% cancellation fee will be applicable
- Up to 8 weeks before the event date, a 30% cancellation fee will be applicable
- Up to 4 weeks before the event date, a 50% cancellation fee will be applicable
- Less than 4 weeks before the event date, the full fee will be applicable
- No Show, the full fee will be applicable
If you have any questions about registration, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.