Running a Digitally-Led Energy Start-up During the Pandemic
With the arrival of COVID-19, the energy sector has experienced a once in a century event for incumbents and start-ups alike, with energy demand dropping to record lows and fossil fuel markets plummeting to an extreme seen only during World War II. Renewables have been the only energy source to see demand grow during this period, but they are still unable to keep up with sudden surges and fluctuations in demand. Start-ups using trailblazing technologies may hold the key. But the energy sector has high barriers to entry; not only is it a mature, difficult market to penetrate, it is also slow to embrace innovation.
Enter bp Launchpad, a business-builder that unlocks BP’s unique advantage to scale fast globally and bring innovative technology into the limelight. bp Launchpad is building an expert community of people who are passionate about cleantech, renewables, and sustainable solutions that can change the current energy landscape.
We are hosting a series of events focused on the New Energy Transition, creating a space where experienced entrepreneurs and energy experts speak candidly about leadership, navigating a pandemic and how their organizations can emerge stronger.
On December 9th at 15:00 GMT, we will be speaking with:
- Robyn Beavers, CEO and Co-Founder at Blueprint Power, a NYC-based start-up, unlocking new revenue for real estate owners by transforming their buildings into power plants and connecting them to new energy markets and customers.
- Katherine Ireland, Non-Executive Director at Onyx InSight, a global technology and analytics company in the renewable energy sector that provides industry- leading predictive analytics and wind turbine monitoring services underpinned by strong engineering expertise.
- Prad Thiruvenkatanathan, Co-founder and Chief Product & Technology Officer at LYTT, an innovative energy tech company solving some of today’s greatest energy challenges by delivering real-time insights and combining fiber optic data with unique hybrid analytics.
Our panelists will discuss:
- The ups and downs the industry has faced during the pandemic
- The strategies that have kept their businesses running
- Their experiences with customers who are hesitant to buy
- What investors are looking for in start-ups in the age of COVID-19
- The future of sustainable, technology-driven ventures within the New Energy Transition.
The panel will be led by Miriam Eaves, Head of Origination, who recruits companies that bp Launchpad can support in delivering clean, reliable and affordable energy to the world.
The bp Launchpad mission is to generate sustainable change by building and scaling a progressive portfolio of digitally-led businesses which re-imagine energy. Our objective is to turn brilliant ideas by amazing teams into infrastructure, platforms and systems that deliver cleaner, more affordable and more reliable energy for the benefit of all.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to join the conversation with Robyn, Katherine, Prad and Miriam.