Swire Pacific Challenge: Reduce HVAC Carbon Footprint in Commercial Buildings
Swire Properties, headquartered in Hong Kong, is a leading developer, owner and operator of mixed-use, principally commercial, properties in Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland, with a presence in Miami, U.S.A. We also have established offices in Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam. In 2020 total gross floor area attributable to the group was 27.3 million square feet including retail, offices, hotels, restaurants, and mixed used properties.
As part of a commitment to sustainability, the business now needs a partner dedicated to reducing its HVAC carbon footprint through a wide range of possible solutions. Find out more
What You Need to Know
To reduce the operational carbon footprint associated with HVAC systems in existing commercial buildings within land-constrained sub-tropical urban environment.
The solution may be of the following categories, but are not limited to the below:
- Optimization of occupant thermal comfort (e.g. 3D thermal management, passive infrared sensing, thermal imaging sensor driven energy optimization).
- High energy density low-carbon sources of electricity (e.g. vertical/horizontal wind generation, high efficiency solar, concentrated solar, fuel cell, bio-fuel generator).
- Integrated renewable energy and HVAC systems (e.g. solar thermal chillers).
- Passive materials to regulate indoor temperature (e.g. coatings, envelop solutions, phase change materials).
Swire Pacific’s Sustainable Development Fund, an annual HK$100 million fund, seeks primarily to fund proof of concept pilots of innovative technologies and approaches that, when scaled up more widely within the group’s various operations, have the potential to significantly positively impact environmental performance of operating companies.
The innovator chosen for a pilot project aimed at solving the challenge presented here, will be awarded full funding for that pilot after final approval of the suggested pilot by the SD Fund committee. If results are successful, this partner may have the opportunity to scale their solution across the operating company’s operations and, where applicable, across Swire’s portfolio of companies in Property, Aviation, Beverages, Marine Services and Trading & Industrial.
- Application Open: 19 April 2021 – Apply Now
- Application Close: 21 May 2021
- Shortlist Selection : 4 June 2021
- Finalists Pitch (virtually): 14 June – 25 June 2021
Questions? Contact us
About Swire Pacific
Swire Pacific is a Hong Kong based international conglomerate with a diversified portfolio of market leading businesses. The Company has a long history in Greater China, where the name Swire or 太古 has been established for over 150 years.
Our aims are to deliver sustainable growth in shareholder value, achieved through sound returns on equity over the long term, and to return value to shareholders through sustainable growth in ordinary dividends.