PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a Summer Consultant Intern to join us from June – August 2023. The Consultant will join our Consulting team and help support projects in one of our three service areas. This position is fully remote; we will provide a We Work All Access pass to the consultant if there is a WeWork in their city.
Cleantech Group has a presence in the UK, USA, EU and Singapore. For internships, the consultant must have the right to work in one of these geographies. Preference for work authorization in UK, US, and France, however, we encourage applications for any place where Cleantech Group has presence.
- Conduct secondary and primary research, develop insight relevant to the project workstream with the context of the overall project, Research the client organization and industry
- Ensure slides/documents are client-ready, with clear writing, consistent presentation
- Work with Data& Ecosystem analysts to ensure interview notes /new companies are added to the BOP
- Work with the research team as needed to get specialised sector input on projects
- Collaborate and contribute as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Participate in client conversations and workshops, demonstrating knowledge of relevant research, engaging stakeholders, and asking questions to clarify objectives
- Actively develop skills in Excel, Powerpoint, business writing and data visualization
- Note: We will take into account the student’s learning and experience needs within the constraints of ongoing projects.
REQUIREMENTS (YOU DON’T NEED ALL OF THESE TO APPLY)
- Interest and/or experience in Cleantech
- Previous consulting experience beneficial but not required
- International experience preferred
- Full Professional Proficiency in English required; other languages beneficial
- Ability to work independently and collaborate remotely
REASONS TO WORK AT CLEANTECH GROUP
- The opportunity to work with start-ups, accelerators, incubators and investors developing solutions for a climate-positive world
- The opportunity to be part of a globally distributed, international, and fun team. We offer a flexible and relaxed working hybrid/remote environment (depending on your location)
- WeWork membership is an option (If you are based in a location with WeWork offices)
Championing Sustainable Innovation, Catalyzing Business Opportunities
At Cleantech Group, we provide research, consulting, and events to catalyze opportunities for sustainable growth powered by innovation. We bring clients access to the trends, companies and people shaping the future and the customized advice and support businesses need to engage external innovation. Industries are undergoing definitive transitions toward a more digitized, de-carbonized and resource-efficient industrial future. At every stage from initial strategy to final deals, our services bring corporate change makers, investors, governments, and stakeholders from across the ecosystem, the support they need to thrive in this fast-arriving and uncertain future. The company was established in 2002 and is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Asia, Europe and North America.
Cleantech Group is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure the promotion of equal opportunity for all people employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, colour, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Please let us know if you need any adjustments during your application or recruitment process and we would do our best to accommodate your needs.